Sunbeam Centre is a multi-site, multi-faceted organization providing residential care, day programming and other services for individuals with developmental, physical & emotional impairments.
In addition to our Kingsway location (where we offer Day Program activities, respite care and specialized facilities), we operate fifteen residential Group Homes in Waterloo Region. We additionally offer outreach services to individuals, families and agencies across Southwestern Ontario.
For a complete rundown of what Sunbeam Centre has to offer, please check out our Programs & Services page.
The Sunbeam Family consists of Sunbeam Community Living Services, Developmental Services Resource Centre (DSRC) and Developmental Services Ontario, Central West Region – access to adult developmental services (MCCSS)
- We began serving our community in 1956 as a private care facility – Sunbeam Home.
- We were incorporated under a Volunteer, Community Board of Directors in 1966
- We hold both ‘non profit’ and ‘charitable’ status
- We receive ~ $37 million in annualized subsidy from M.C.C.S.S.
- We are one of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (M.C.C.S.S.) Developmental Services Transfer Payment Agencies
Sunbeam is a founding member of the Great Lakes Society for Developmental Services of Ontario; a patron of the Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities; and an associate member of the Ontario Hospital Association. We’re also a member of Ontario Agencies Supporting Individuals with Special Needs (OASIS)
For a more detailed history of our organization, please visit our Sunbeam History page.